There are lots of great walks from the house or starting a short drive a way. Here is a small sample:
1) It is a 20 minute walk to Vodnikov viewpoint from the house. From here there are fantastic views looking down into the Bohinj Valley, all the way up to the lake. Sometimes in the mornings there are clouds in the valley below you.
2) Črna prst This is about a six hour walk. Drive to Ravne village, above Bohinjska Bistrica, and start from here. Please see this website for more detailed route information.
3) Vogel There are many walks from the top of Vogel, once you have taken the cable car up. To Vogel’s summit and back is a four hour walk. There are some great views from here down to the Bohinj Valley and across to the Julian Alps and Mount Triglav.
There is also a nice walk from the climbing wall in Ribčev Laz, which bring you to the foot of Vogel. If you walk past the climbing wall, you will find a path leading up into the forest which you follow to Vogel.
4) Lake Bohinj Lake Bohinj is as beautiful as Lake Bled, although without the island, and a little less busy. There are some lovely cafes in Ribčev Laz. A walk round the lake will take about three hours (it is 12km). However, if you don’t wish to walk all the way round, there is a tourist boat that leaves from the campsite in Ukanc, or near the bridge as you enter Ribčev Laz. This leaves every half hour during peak season.
5) Debela Peč There is a great 3 to 4 hour walk up this hill from Pokljuka which has spectacular views over the Julian Alps. Park near the road fork by the Sport Hotel – further details can be found here.
6) Mount Triglav And if you really want to do the ultimate walk, why not plan a trip for a couple of days and climb Slovenia’s highest mountain? You can set off from Slap Savica at the top of Lake Bohinj and spend a couple of nights at the mountain hostels (doms) en route – great for a bowl of goulash and beer in the evenings! All true Slovenes are supposed to climb the mountain once in their lives, so it’s quite a challenge!